- Bonding for gum recession: Can a tooth be bonded if the gum recession is 7cm or higher? ... Visitor from NJ (answer)
- Chipping teeth: Fourteen months ago I had a front tooth bonded. Since then it has chipped 5 times. I am very careful with my teeth and am aware of the tooth. This last time I took a bite out of a turkey sandwich and it chipped again. I don't understand why this keeps happening. I do not bite my nails or chew on ice. I have two different practices fix the chip and it still broke. What are my other options? ... Visitor from PA (answer)
- Bonding to fix loose teeth after deep cleaning: About a month ago I had my teeth cleaned for the first time after tartar fell off. My teeth still hurt and now a couple of my front bottom teeth are a little loose. Is this normal and when should they tighten back up? I am thinking about getting tooth bonding done to help fix the problem but I don't know if that is a good solution for my problem. ... Visitor from IN (answer)
- My dentist decided to bond exposed roots on my canines in conjunction with placing veneers on four front teeth. Since then I have had severe percussion pain and air sensitivity, which I never had before. Would you advise that I insist that the bonding be redone to make sure there is not an issue?
This pain has gone on now for two months following the procedure. ... Visitor from TX (answer)
- Receding Gums - Spaces: I have gum recession and spaces between my lower teeth. I want to have bonding done, but 3 different dentists have said no!!! Why can I not have this done? They do bonding between spaced teeth all the time. I am frustrated. ... Visitor from PA (answer)
- Stained Dental Work: When I was younger, a dentist "built up" one of my upper front teeth because it was more pointed than the matching one on the other side. Ever since, I've had problems with that tooth becoming discolored. When I get my teeth cleaned, they do the best they can and it is okay for awhile, but still doesn't match the color of my other teeth. It is very bothersome (aesthetically), and I can't afford caps/veneers. Is there anything I can do to whiten that tooth? Most whitening products say "not for use with dental work" and I haven't found anything so far that works. ...Visitor from NC (answer)
- Bonding for Crowns: My crowned teeth in the front have developed a space between them. I want to know if caps can be bonded. My own teeth had originally been bonded and I loved them. Can bonding material be put on crowns to close the space? The crowns are fairly new and I would like to avoid the time and cost of new crowns if the space could be eliminated with bonding. ...Visitor from NJ (answer)
- Redoing tooth bonding: I recently had my bonding redone for the third time. The first
two times, they lasted beautifully for 12 years. The latest bonding done by a different dentist
than the first two used a 3M product. It chipped within the first few days. He patched it, but
within a couple of months, it seems to be dissolving around the patch and also visibly at the tooth edges. Is there some other procedure that should be done to resurface the tooth to better accept the bonded material? Veneers are not an option unless I want to have complete orthodontic work redone which I do not. ...Visitor from MA (answer)
- Bonding to Fix a Chip and balance Tooth Length: I am 38, I have a chipped front tooth that really bothers me. One tooth is also longer than the other. Is composite bonding a good solution? I want both teeth to be the same length. Also I have a history of root canals from cavities. I was told that as an overweight mouth breather, I get cavities more often than others. Can I have my teeth sealed to protect them from this? ...Visitor from CA (answer)
- Tooth Repair Material: I have a chip of my lower front tooth at the 1/3 area down to the gumline. I have had the tooth colored material repair done where they use the little light or heat gun. The dentist has roughed up the surface and repaired it at least 4 times in the last two years. The last time it lasted a week. My question: what is the best material to use to repair this tooth that will not fall out. I don't care what color it is, I just want the repair to stay in. This is getting expensive to keep redoing it. ...Visitor from IL (answer)
- Keeping dental bonding clean: I have an incisal #8 break (front and center, lower area) that
was repaired with bonding. Despite regular brushing, the bonded area becomes dirty and unsightly because it has crevices where dirt and soot get caught. Frequent brushing is insufficient to keep this area clean.
I found that I was able to clean it off using a plaque remover such as are sold in the dental hygiene departments in pharmacies. However, the pressure of doing that frequently apparently weakens the bond, causing the filling to fall out and require frequent replacement. What method can I use at home to clean that area thoroughly that will not cause the filling to fall out? ...Visitor from NY (answer)
- Bonded Front teeth / Black lines: The top and sides of my direct bonded teeth (front four) are starting to turn black after five years. Can you tell me what has happened?
...Visitor from GA (answer)
- Discolored Composite Fillings: About 30 years ago I had an accident that damaged aproximately 11 teeth. Molars were porcelain crowned. My front 2 chipped teeth and next tooth over (small cavity) were all repaired with Composite fillings - so called man-made porcelain? Well the fillings didn't take long to discolor. A few years later a new dentist said we have better - new improved composite material. I had them redone, again it didn't take long to discolor. Again few years later new dentist again made same claim. Well after 30 years and 5 redos only to have larger fillings and majority of time ugly discolor! I can't afford crowns, getting old, but would love to see a whiter smile. Would veneers work over the ugly aged composits? ...Visitor from TX (answer)
You also have the option of using Google search technology to conduct a specific search within our databases to find more specific information. Use key words only or short phrases: