Bonding to Fix Loose Teeth After Scaling?
Periodontal - Gum Disease FAQ
- I don't want to experience pain during routine teeth cleaning. I am on Dentist #4 with the same results. The typical remark is ..."The hygeniest will go easy on you and will be gentle". That's not what I am looking for when I am looking for pain free cleanings. ... Visitor from Chino (answer)
- Scaling and Bridges: My dentist has informed me that I need a deep cleaning and scaling, but I have bridges. What, if anything, will happen to them? ... Visitor from TX (answer)
- Is Arestin (antibiotic) needed for scaling or is it a way of making extra money? ... Visitor from IL (answer)
- Pain 4 months after Deep Cleaning: After having my teeth deep cleaned I have miserable toothaches on one side of my mouth. X-rays did not show any cavities. There has been some gum receding, but I never had tooth aches before the deep cleaning. Did the cleaning expose the nerves? I never know when the daily toothaches will happen or how long they will last, and it is really getting me down. Please help! I do not want to return to the same dentist! ... Visitor from CA (answer)
- I am a 47 year old female with generally good dental hygiene. My Dentist told me I had periodontal disease and he did a root planing in 2009. I hurt for a solid week afterwards but he gave me appropriate medication. This year he sent me to a periodontist, who did the same work and again I have severe pain 3-5 days after. I was not given appropriate medication. I take 800mg of ibuprofen 3 times a day for athritis and that did not touch it. I asked for medication and got 12 5 mg vicodin. I threw them away because they did not help. How do I get my dentist to take my pain seriously? This issue has caused ne to avoid dentists for a long time. ... Visitor from MO (answer)
- Scaling damage to enamel? I am from Austria and I have never had such a cleaning before even though I am going regularly to the dentist. The hygienist scaled (scratched) especially on the front side of my teeth not so much along my gum line here in the U.S. At the beginning she might have been scaling on the chewing surface. Can this kind of scaling on the front part of my teeth and on the chewing surface make damage to my enamel? ... Visitor from MI (answer)
- Deep Dental Cleaning: My dentist of 38 years retired and the person that bought the practice is recommending a deep gum cleaning because my gums bleed a little. The previous dentist always remarked how quick my gums grew around temparary crowns. Is this necessary as a preventative measure for a 55 year old. While I don't have any gum problems now, my mother had them at age 62.
... Visitor from NJ (answer)
- Sedation for Deep Cleaning - Scaling: Is there anyway to get put to sleep while getting deep cleaning done. Do you recommend it? I'm so afraid of the dentist that I get sick to my stomach. I'm 30 years old and was told by my dentist that I need deep cleaning. ... Visitor from IL (answer)
- Scaling Cleaning: I have been going to a dentist for a couple of years now and it's very painful. He does not seem to have a gentle touch with the novacine. I had braces for 5 years and have a bad regard for dentists in general. I'm looking for a painless alternative for a deep cleaning or scaling. I have bad gums but could not stand to have my gums cut surgically. I have had scaling before and had good results but did not maintain cleanings and have slid back to the receding gums state. Please let me know if there is a painless alternative. ... Visitor from IL (answer)
- Is it appropriate to recommend scaling as a preventive >measure? My new dentist says that I have incipient gum disease and should have it done, but also seems to assume that I will then have it done every year. In many years of seeing dentists regularly this has never before been suggested. ... Visitor from MD (answer)
- Under what circumstances should a patient get the deep scaling procedure? Is it purely a preventative measure? Would it be good for a 27-year old showing some signs of gum disease? ...Chris in DC (answer)
You also have the option of using Google search technology to conduct a specific search within our databases to find more specific information. Use key words only or short phrases: