Loose Teeth Dentistry
Dental Bonding to Fix Loose Teeth?
- My right incisor and opposing bicusbid are loose (1/8th to 1/4 inch play). I'm 54 years old and have all of my other teeth (exept wisdom on one side). I do smoke and drink beer, however my diet is sound. Do they need to be pulled or is there an anchoring remedy available to save these teeth? ... Visitor from Clearwater (answer)
- Mobile teeth and gum recession: I have crooked bottom teeth with recession and they are mobile. Could Invisalign improve stability and gum health? ... Visitor from Arlington (answer)
- Loose Teeth and gapping: I have loose teeth and due to a tooth pulled my front teeth have moved apart and now I talk with a lisp as well. I would like to know if there is a temporary fix due to the fact that according to the dentist it is a matter of time when I lose my teeth. Any suggestions open to all concerns? I am not that old. ... Visitor from Peterborough (answer)
- Gums, weak, loose teeth: I'm 19 years old. When I was little I wasn't encouraged to have good dental habits. Now my adult teeth have cavities and my 4 front bottom teeth feel loose and weak. My gums don't bleed. What can I do to these teeth? What kind of dentist should I see?
... Visitor from Florida (answer)
- A few months ago I was pretty stressed and during a couple of nights, I pushed my top front teeth with my tongue. After that, one of my lateral incisors began having a slight movement, not visible, but one that I can feel, like a broken ligament. As I am in my 20s, I was wondering if it can regenerate or recover by itself or if I have to do something about it. ... Visitor from NY (answer)
- I had a tooth pulled on the bottom side near my molar. It was a baby tooth that never fell and was just seated in my gums and started to come out recently. Well, I got it pulled, the dentist said everything looked like it healed up fine for my checkup. My concern now is that the adjacent molar is now loose. Why? Will it take some time for my gums to adjust? I would hate to lose a healthy molar.
... Visitor from LA (answer)
- I got hit in my front tooth with a hanger, and ever since the tooth has been a bit loose. Do I need to see a professional or just leave it alone? ... Visitor from NE (answer)
- Loose front teeth: After a collision during a soocer game my son has alot of swelling in his gums and his front teeth are loose. This happened earlier today. We have been icing the area and giving him Advil. What else should I do? ... Visitor from NY (answer)
- I have been told by two dentists that my gum disease is so severe that full dentures are needed. At the age of 32, I am beyond sad and want to know what I can do. Are implants an option? ... Visitor from MA (answer)
- Loose teeth and Periolase: My 4 lower front teeth are loose. I've been to several dentists - one who recommended laser treatment, another who put a splint across the loose teeth, and the most recent who recommends pulling the teeth due to infection at the root and bone loss. Is there any way to save the teeth? They don't seem loose since the splint was put on over 6 months ago. Is it too late for laser treatment? Can laser treatment take the place of root canal for treating infection at the root? If laser treatment can cure gum disease, what is the chance of recurrence? I'm almost 60 years old. ... Visitor from PA (answer)
- Earlier in the week I was trying to climb a wall when a brick broke, hitting my top lip. I went to the hospital and had stitches put in to bind a cut (both inside and outside my mouth. Whilst having this done I asked the doctor about my teeth and he said one of my top incisors was a bit loose. He instructed me to have a soft food diet for a month. However, now that the swelling in my gum has gone I have noticed that the tooth still hurts, especially if I touch it. Is this normal for a loose tooth, or is it an early warning sign of a dead tooth? And what could I do to ensure the continuing health of the tooth? ... Visitor from UK (answer)
- One of my bottom hack teeth are loose. Do molar teeth fall out on their own? ... Visitor from Ireland (answer)
- Loose teeth and need surgery: My top front bridge broke off it's implanted posts. Both canine teeth are extremely loose. I had grafting done twice, need it again. Is it possible that these teeth can be wired up so they don't move, temporarily? I need surgery and the Anesthesiologist won't put me under with loose teeth. What are my options? ... Visitor from PA (answer)
- Bonding to fix loose teeth: About a month ago I had my teeth cleaned for the first time after tartar fell off. My teeth still hurt and now a couple of my front bottom teeth are a little loose. I am thinking about getting tooth bonding done to help fix the problem but I don't know if that is a good solution for my problem. ... Visitor from IN (answer)
- I know what I want done on my teeth. I have gone to see 4 different dentists to ask if they could do what I wanted done. This was to pull a loose tooth and then cut off the root and glue the tooth back to teeth beside it. This would help me until I could afford a permanent solution in a couple of years. Each time I visited a dentist to ask them this, they instead take all kinds of x-rays, then tell me what they want to do for many thousands of dollars. It seems they did not hear my suggestion at all, and then charge me a hundred and thirty dollars for the consultation. I know what I want can be done because I had it done to a tooth over twenty-five years ago. Now I have to use super glue. ...Visitor from MS (answer)
- One of my teeth on the top of my mouth is loose. I have only had one cavity before when I was a baby from milk. I am concerned that it might fall out. What will happen? I went to the dentist not too long ago. About 2 months or so. The problem started about 2 weeks ago. My teeth are well taken care of. I brush twice a day. ...Visitor from WI (answer)
- I am 29 and have been diagnosed with advanced periodontal disease including extensive bone loss along the entirety of both jaws. I have always been very diligent about dental hygiene. My dentists have always commented on the lack of plaque build-up at my regular check-ups. I have had 2 fillings in adult teeth; no other problems. Why am I losing so much bone? I had braces at age 12-14, and wisdom teeth extraction at 18. I read in another question that grafts would not be recommended for someone with horizontal bone loss. My periodontist has recommended bone grafts. Will this help? Or do I have lingering infection evidenced by the continued bone loss? How long before losing my teeth?
...Visitor from MD (answer)
- I had deep pocket surgery one week ago. The deepest pocket was around my bottom front tooth. It has healed nicely, but now the tooth is loose. Does this mean the tooth cannot be saved, or is there still the possibility it will tighten up? ...Visitor from OH (answer)
- I see a periodontist on a regular basis for gum disease. I have a loose tooth and extraction has been recommended. Is it possible to reattach a loose tooth or stimulate growth of tissue around a loose tooth? ...Visitor from NM (answer)
- Mobile Tooth: I have been diagnosed with Peridontitis, however, it has not affected all my mouth. I have a front tooth which has been badly affected. It has become rather mobile, and I have suffered from absesses in it. I have severe bone loss around that particular tooth. Would it not be possible to have bone grafting, and save my own tooth? I have been told that an implant would be best, but as my tooth is still very healthy, I believe that there is nothing better than keeping your own teeth where possible. ...Visitor from Republic of Malta, Maltese Islands (answer)
- Regrow bone? Can teeth that are mildly loose due to possible bone loss become naturally strong again? Can the lost bone regrow around the tooth? ...Visitor from CA (answer)
- What to do about teeth that wiggle? My brother's two front adult teeth were loosened due to a water bottle that hit his mouth (the cap part). There seems to be no apparent injury, and it seems to be intact....but the teeth wiggle. What is the best thing to do? ...Visitor from NY (answer)
- I was recently robbed and was kicked in the face. My front lower 4 teeth have been loose for about 2 months now. My Dentist used crowning to support all the teeth so that they can grow
back..but its still loose. This is bad... I don't want any false teeth. What can I do? ...Visitor from Rustenburg, South Africa (answer)
- How to save upper teeth: I have several loose teeth. Two on the upper jaw in the front. I am very concerned what will happen when they fall. What can be done to save them? ...Visitor from TX (answer)
You also have the option of using Google search technology to conduct a specific search within our databases to find more specific information. Use key words only or short phrases: